We tend to take trees for granted. We’re surrounded by them and, since each region has it’s own varieties that are native, the lack of variation means they tend to blend into the background.
Of course, when you see unusual trees, they can be quite eye-catching. Take a look at this list of beautiful and rare trees from around the world. Maybe you’ll realize some of the majesty that you’ve been missing out on.
1. 125-year old Rhodendron “tree” – Canada
This “tree” is actually a shrub!
4. Avenue of Oaks – South Carolina, U.S.A.
5. Jacarandas – Cullinan, South Africa
7. Dragon’s Blood – Yemen
It’s named for its red sap, which serves a variety of purposes – from varnish to dye to home remedies.
8. Blooming Cherry Trees – Bonn, Germany
9. Antarctic Beech Draped in Hanging Moss – Oregon, U.S.A.
This one is unusual, as it is native to Chile and Argentina.
10. Japanese Maple – Oregon, U.S.A.
11. The Dark Hedges – Northern Ireland
These trees were featured in Game of Thrones!